1. I would not be a bystander to bullying, I would speak up for the person being bullied.
2. Yes, I have witnessed cyberbullying before but I did not get involved because I did not know any of the people involved very well. If this happened again with people I know more, then I would take action.
3.It is important to take action because if you don’t then the situation could become worse than it already is.
For next class please complete the following:
1. Finish your “dial it down map” using Popplet and post a link to it on your Tumblr as well as a link to the article or scenario you selected.
2. In a text post, please reflect on the following:
- How could you apply what you learned in class to…
Complete the K (what do you KNOW) and the W (what do you WANT to know) below based on your knowledge of cyber-bullying.
K: You shouldn’t do it and it can really hurt people
W: What can happen to someone who cyber-bullies?
To the best of your ability please define the following vocab words within the context of the topic of cyber-bullying.
Target: the person that is being bullied
Offender: The bully
Bystander: Someone that witnesses it but doesn’t say anything
Upstander: Someone that witnesses it and says something
Escalate: When the bullying gets worse
De-escalate: When there isn’t as much bullying going on